• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need Aussie help, D30 wont unlock, new install

DrRandy

NAXJA Forum User
it wont unlock when power is thrown to it on pavement.... its working fine as long as it clickety clacks in 2wd and doesnt spool its working fine

yeah, its fine. When you have torque on it (like in 4wd), its not supposed to unlock. thats why its a locker :D

Quit driving on the pavement in 4wd too... you will be replacing parts if not.

In 2wd, you will here it ratchet slightly when turning sharp, thats when its supposed to unlock since there is no troque on it.

Yea, thats what i gather from the mod. thread also. Just never had one b/f so guess i dont know what to expect. Thanks!! Beer time!!

Its fine man, i have an aussie in my dana 30. When you turn hard over in 2wd on pavement its supposed to click.

also... fyi, the clicking in a front axle application is not as prominent as a rear application when you let off the gas and make a sharp turn.... i dont even notice mine at all in my front 30 when driving 2wd onroad.

Blake, you have 36" swampers... you couldn't hear a marching band if they were traveling through your axle tubes! LOL!

X4,5,6 or whatever.....

Sounds all good to me. My Aussie in the rear clicks more than my lock right in the front.....makes sense rear vs. front though. :greensmok

anything is better than a detriot in the rear, all it took was a little power around a corner and BOOM it would unlock all at once...

Back