• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ext. idle switch problem - '96

agentrob

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I'm having a little bit of difficulty hooking up an extended idle switch in my '96, not sure where to go from here...

I grounded pin 12 of connector A (black) and it did nothing. That wire, which i've seen is normally gray, is blue with an orange stripe in my vehicle.

Unless my AC has to have a charge for that to work or something, I'm kind of lost. I don't wanna go grounding out random pins on my PCM.

Anyone installed this on a '96? is it a different pin?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I know Blaine B. here on NAXJA has spent a lot of time trying to get this to work on his '95. The OBDI system operates differently than the OBDII on the 97+ models in regards to the extended idle. I don't believe Blaine has found a clean solution yet. You may want to PM him to see if you can brainstorm some ideas.

Here's a pretty comprehensive thread regarding install on 97-01, but throughout it there are posts in regards to what people have tried on their pre 97 XJ's.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79549&highlight=extended+idle

Good luck!

Back