• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was in your mail today?

Two medical/insurance bills, Netflix (The Departed) and someone trying to sell us mortgage insurance. Not too exciting.

~James

Got home from work and there was a Four Wheeler, 4wheel and off-road, amd off-road adventures magazines in the mail.

Peterson's 4wheel and off-road has a picture of a bad@$$ looking XJ on the cover.

Sometimes I love the mail.

Four Wheeler and Peterson's rehash the same articles. I dumped them both. Did get JP a while longer bc it seemed to be different then I saw it with some rehashed jeep stuff. Considering they all are run by the same publisher I was not surprised too much.

Four Wheeler and Peterson's rehash the same articles. I dumped them both. Did get JP a while longer bc it seemed to be different then I saw it with some rehashed jeep stuff. Considering they all are run by the same publisher I was not surprised too much.

they all rehash the same stuff... i buy the UA issues of petersons and a jp every now and then....

i got a game informer, and im awaiting some naxja stickers, GATR decals, and some other banners and decals from old off road clubs so i can add some horse power to my rig :p

Wish i was you...i got JUNK or WASTED trees! "How to save farm animals lives"..junk mail. I eat them so i dont care. A bill for a rental property for the fire and EMT guys, $280.00...OUCH....that WAS my rear locker. Bank statements, i dont need them to tell me i'm broke...i know! coupons for crappy fast food like the post above. coupons for a clothing store for my wife...i trashed it b/f she saw it...i usually do! Is that bad? NO!!

I like taking the junk mail with return envelopes and putting everthing back in the return envelope and sending it back to them. I hope they like getting junk mail as much as I do.

Now that is a great idea. I will remember that.

~James

X2!!!!
I used to do the similar....when i got spam in my inbox i would forward it back to sender....it dont help, but it felt like it did!! :laugh:

Got my UA prt. 2 issue.
The XJ looks good. So does the Grand and the Tundra. Tim Hardy's Samurai with trailer is cool, although I liked his red one with all the body damage better.

I've been subscribing to Peterson's for almost ten years now. The last two times I renewed it was mainly because they offered ridiculously low prices
(I think the last time it was two years for $10). When it runs out next I definitely won't renew. The UA issues are the only ones worth opening anymore.
The Cheap Truck Challenge a few years ago had potential and spawned some good stories, but tapered out quickly. They went back to the same old "new project that readers can do themselves". Then they run custom fuel injection, order $15k in axles and pic a shop to put it all together for them. Got to keep the companys that buy ads and pay the bills happy, of course.
If they would run more stories like Cheap Truck Challenge, 5KXJ, DED where they fly somewhere buy something and fix it/drive it home, etc I'd re-subscribe in a heart beat.

i got some bills...

waiting for the goverment to come up with a stimulus to pay those bills.

Got my UA prt. 2 issue.
The XJ looks good. So does the Grand and the Tundra. Tim Hardy's Samurai with trailer is cool, although I liked his red one with all the body damage better.

I've been subscribing to Peterson's for almost ten years now. The last two times I renewed it was mainly because they offered ridiculously low prices
(I think the last time it was two years for $10). When it runs out next I definitely won't renew. The UA issues are the only ones worth opening anymore.
The Cheap Truck Challenge a few years ago had potential and spawned some good stories, but tapered out quickly. They went back to the same old "new project that readers can do themselves". Then they run custom fuel injection, order $15k in axles and pic a shop to put it all together for them. Got to keep the companys that buy ads and pay the bills happy, of course.
If they would run more stories like Cheap Truck Challenge, 5KXJ, DED where they fly somewhere buy something and fix it/drive it home, etc I'd re-subscribe in a heart beat.

That first 5KXJ build was perty good. They still spent coin where they could have saved some, but it was a good effort. Cheap truck challange was good too. I just picked up the UA forst issue at the store. I've been wondering where they went this year.

I like taking the junk mail with return envelopes and putting everthing back in the return envelope and sending it back to them. I hope they like getting junk mail as much as I do.

:guitar: :roflmao::laugh:

4wheeldrive and Sport Utility......and Road and Track today.....:D

Back