• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ DIES OUT WHEN IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE

itsajeepthang

NAXJA Forum User
CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS CAUSEING THE PROBLEM PUT IN 2 WHEEL DRIVE AND PUT IT IN A BIND AND WORKS FINE IT WILL SPIN THE REAR WHEELS ...BUT AS SOON AS I PUT IT IN 4WHEEL DRIVE AND PUT IT IN A BIND IT WILL DIE OUT THIS HAPPENS IN 4L AND 4H BUT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN 2H CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OUT

1. Lose the ALL CAPS--it is like someone is screaming and hard to read.

2. Year/engine/trans/transfer case?

Ok, auto or manual?

We had the same thing happen to one of our rigs. It ended up being bad motor mounts. I know it sounds crazy but when you would put it in four low the increased toruque would cause the motor to twist and when it did the CPS would not read correctly. Changed motor mounts and all is good.

Hope this helps.

We had the same thing happen to one of our rigs. It ended up being bad motor mounts. I know it sounds crazy but when you would put it in four low the increased toruque would cause the motor to twist and when it did the CPS would not read correctly. Changed motor mounts and all is good.

Hope this helps.

That is what I was thinking, something is getting pulled under torque, could be cps or grounds. As stated check your mounts and let us know.

Hope this helps.
Thats a fluke cause its not possible since they(motor/trans/housing) are all one piece(when bolted together) and indexed by 2 shuffle pins!

For edification (means further detail), people have had the rubber in the mounts fully gone, and others have had the bolts that hold the mounting plate to the block all gone/sheared.

As suggested, check your mounts.

For edification (means further detail), people have had the rubber in the mounts fully gone, and others have had the bolts that hold the mounting plate to the block all gone/sheared.

As suggested, check your mounts.
Personally i think your out of your mind, to think that something under the hood is causing the motor to stall? Pff no way..

I vote its your left rear speaker.:wave1:

Personally i think your out of your mind, to think that something under the hood is causing the motor to stall? Pff no way..

I vote its your left rear speaker.:wave1:

Good one, you had me going for a second! :laugh3:

I can't remember when the disco 30 went away. If it has a disco, their might be a vacuum leak in the hoses that only presents itself when the tcase switch tries to activate the 4wd.

I can't remember when the disco 30 went away. If it has a disco, their might be a vacuum leak in the hoses that only presents itself when the tcase switch tries to activate the 4wd.

Some through 91, 92+ non-disco. OP says 93 XJ.

It was worth a shot.

The problem definitely includes your caps lock, but it also appears that all of your punctuation and spellcheckers are FUBAR'D too.

Do you perhaps have an elementary school graduate around who could proofread for you?

So what did you come up with? Are your mounts bad?

It's ok if you write it out the way you want, i won't piss on you..Just don't yell..LOL

checked the motor mounts the r good but we been getting rain around here so cant do to much may run another ground and try that just gotta get it to stop raining...theres a couple of other things gonna try ... like trans control box...

Back