• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 1/2" t-case spacer too much?

sullysxj

NAXJA Forum User
Its a 2000 with a 3.5" Bastard pack in the rear and 2.5 in the front. Im running 245/75 16s geotracs pretty much worn down. The tire fund will be complete soon. I get some vibes at highway speed (55 and up). I have about 3/4" of spacers to drop the t-case. I know everyone uses and sells 1" spacer, but i have 1 1/2 stock lying around. just wondering if it is worth trying, If i can even make it fit, or if anyone thinks it will have any adverse effects.
Any opinions?

no, i didn't. The 1 1/2 things was just something i was going to try because i had stuff lying around. i probably should get some shims.

Hallo. If you don't have a SYE, you need to make the angles the same.
So I think the T-case drop of 1.1/2" is too much without shims. It will give also a lot of stress on the motor mounts.
There are a lot of threads about this matter. Please read them, it is important.:rtm:

Last edited:
I would imagine you would either destroy your motor mounts, or put your fan through the radiator.

As mentioned, get some shims and get the angles as close as possible with that.

Try shimming first,then start saving for a SYE kit.You have a LP D30 so drop kits make it hard on the front driveshaft(plus the ground clearance your losing).

I would imagine you would either destroy your motor mounts, or put your fan through the radiator.

As mentioned, get some shims and get the angles as close as possible with that.
Starboard is mentioning completely worst case senario occurances...not likely to happen. Drop it the 1inch or so and you will be fine. You will sell the jeep before anything happens. Starboard, bite your tongue

Starboard is mentioning completely worst case senario occurances...not likely to happen. Drop it the 1inch or so and you will be fine. You will sell the jeep before anything happens. Starboard, bite your tongue

Drop it the 1inch

Thats, what Starboard ment as a conformation what I posted, but not 1.1/2 inch. :wave:

wim

Back