• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost my schematics 89 Laredo

RTFM

NAXJA Forum User
....and lost most of my accessories circuits, (ignition switched voltages at fuse box)
For now I've moved my power windows to a constant ON but am running with out radio and rear defrost until diagnosed.

Is there a master relay that is controlled on ignition that feeds the accessory power when in run position, and if YES, where is that bugger pleas.

89' I6 5 sp Laredo

Thanks
(and am still looking for my master print..... where the hell did they go......)

I think so WIM, - I'll know more this weekend when I have a chance to look them over and go out to my Jeep and "see what I can see"

If I have to, I'll just wire the radio "hot" too for now and then add a seperate switched fuse block with a relay.

Thank you for the link! (dave92cherokee also - thanks mate!)

NP hope you get it figured out, from looking at the schematic I bet it's going to be one of the fusible links running to the fuse box that went out.

Had a go at it tonight, the red wire constant hot from the radio fuse load side has power from the back of the fuse block.
It enters a loom and goes up and behind the instrument cluster, and exits at the radio opening with no power applied.

Took the dash apart, probed the wire with the Fluke and some where in that loom its open - go figure.

I ended up running a new hot from the bat side - put a 15 amp inline fuse on the feeder and all is good (also removed and marked the open hot to keep from having problems later behind the dash.)
It gave no indication what so ever - last Sat everything worked, drove it all day long with no issues, went to the gun range - got back in and no accessories, radio or windows..... damnedest thing.

Now it's bubbad' up (but marked) and working ...... ghosts in the machine I guess.

Thanks (again(again)) everyone.

I had a similar situation with the signals on my 95, and ended up giving up and bridging it. If it's any comfort, the factory wiring diagrams were crap anyway, and showed wire colors and connections that simply aren't there. I spent hours on a job that the bubba approach ended up solving in minutes anyway.

Back