• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

distributor

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing mine bcus my pickup coil broke :( anyways. what is the procedure to do this cant i just line up the rotor button with a certain point then take out old DIS then line it up same on new one and then install it or do i need to do something else??.

The method you describe is the easiest. The housing (base) needs to be in the same position as well as the rotor shaft. If that doesn't work for you for some reason, You line up the timing mark on the harmonic balancer with the firing point for #1 cyl on the compression stroke. Then the rotor should line up with the #1 cyl dist cap tower. Make a mark on the housing directly below the cap tower so you know where it was when you remove the cap.

A new distributor will(should) come with a pin to lock the rotor to the # 1 position.Rotate the engine to the TDC on the #1 cylinder compression stroke.Line up the oil pump drive and rotate the dist into the cam.

Or do it your way--both should yield the same results.You will have to remove the lock pin first,to do it your way

Wayne

Back