• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheelbase

cr2000xj

NAXJA Forum User
I know the XJ's wheels base is 101.4 or something like that, but isn't the driver's and passenger side different? I know mine is and I think that it is normal, but I want to to make sure I am not thinking it is ok when it isn't. Mine hasn't been wrecked that I know of, and it drives great so I don't think there is any problems. What is making me wonder is that under hard flex, I rub the rear of the passenger side flare and the bumper end cap on the drivers side. I do have 1/8" castor shims installed on both sides since my lift. Can anyone confirm this to be normal or has my XJ been through more than I thought it has?

If you search, you can find a thread (a couple of months old) that goes deep into the wheel alignment. And yes, it is a little shorter on one side than the other to compensate for the crown in the road. Rear axle ends up pointing a little to one side.

did ytou adjust track bar after lift? My TJ used to rub one side only after a lift and no adjustable track bar - cant remember which side now, but I know my axles moved to the passenger side after my lift.

If you search, you can find a thread (a couple of months old) that goes deep into the wheel alignment. And yes, it is a little shorter on one side than the other to compensate for the crown in the road. Rear axle ends up pointing a little to one side.

Uhmm no,Id love to know where you came up with that!!!

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure that was normal and I do have an adjustable track bar so I know that isn't the problem. I would have spent more time searching, but I was at work so I had to keep my forum time quick hah.

Back