• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to Figure out Shock size?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
How do I measure for shock size?

What I do, but most might disagree is...
Compress your suspension one wheel at a time until it hits the bump stop and measure eye to eye at full compression. This is the limiting factor, so the other measurement is unnecessary, (you can't buy a shock larger than this no. or you will bottom the shock out first.

What I do, but most might disagree is...
Compress your suspension one wheel at a time until it hits the bump stop and measure eye to eye at full compression. This is the limiting factor, so the other measurement is unnecessary, (you can't buy a shock larger than this no. or you will bottom the shock out first.

Dont forget you must factor in 1" of bumpstop compression into the shortest eye to eye at full compression. Dont need to fully compress the suspension to find it either. Just take off the measurement from the bottom of the bumpstop to the axle or spring perch minus 1" for the bumstop compression from the eye to eye distance. Dont forget on the rear your have to factor in the angle of the shock. I find it easier to layout the rear chalked up on the ground.

Back