• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4 pedal after rear disk install???

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished up my rear zj disk upgrade and got done bleeding put everything together bled the living piss out of it and when i went to start it i only have a quarter of the brake pedal. The braking is way better but i just want more pedal.

Sorry, I have no experience in this matter...but isn't the master cylinder/reservoir suppose to be upgraded as well? Someone with more experience with this can chime in, but I think disc calipers require more capacity than the wheel cylinders of drum brakes...

Did you change the proportioning valve?

What axle? C-clip acles can cause this due to excessive end play!

No but I heard you really don't need to.

Very interesting.

Good luck when those rear discs lock up before the fronts. DisneyWorld doesn't have a ride that good.

So your saying i should get the prop valve? I don't know exactly where to find one. Just go to the JY?

Yes, get one from GC with 4-discs, you may have to change some ends to mate with it.

The prop valve is what goes into the little box with the bake lines right? like this pic?

PropValveMod4.jpg

I know I am a noob with the braking system.

Back