• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator ?

Wwildman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I went wheeling yesterday and found out when you drive in deep water it kills the bearrings in you alt .My question is what is the most cost effective and highest amperage I can put on it .
I have a 88 renix engine .

Moved it to Mod tech for you.

On my 84 I got it rebuilt and turned up. However that was the old ac delco unit from the pre renix system.

Do not know if the one that joe_peters linked to is the same, but on rock auto there is a 200A delco alt for around 100$. If you do this or even a 125A I would definteily recommend new wiring. 5-90 has a kit that is supposed to be really good.

Do not know if the one that joe_peters linked to is the same, but on rock auto there is a 200A delco alt for around 100$. If you do this or even a 125A I would definteily recommend new wiring. 5-90 has a kit that is supposed to be really good.

x2 on 5-90's kit--Top Notch!

Doesn't renix use the delco one wire too?

pre-Renix uses a GM 10-SI alt.-- B+ wire and a two wire flat plug regulator

Renix uses a GM CS-130 alt.-- B+ wire and a four wire plug (although most applications don't use all four terminals on the regulator)

either can be converted to "one wire" operation, but neither was designed as such.

Back