• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Trail Adoption Poll

Which trail do you want to see the NWC adopt at TSF?

• Saddle Up

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Bates Road

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • University Firepower

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Please vote for which trail you would like to see the PDX NWC adopt.

Please only vote if you are from the area, and are serious about volunteering. Post up your vote so we can get a number of how many people are actually interested.

Choices:

Saddle UP: Short two section trail located between the Crushers and Airplane Hill. It's mostly an easy trail through the trees, but it does include a steep rocky hill climb. It would be an easy trail to maintain. The only issues I see are drainage and tree branches.

Bates Road: This trail is a pretty long trail. Located past Mini Rubicon. It starts of with some water bar bumps, but then progresses into steep hill climbs. It gains a lot of elevation, and then turns into a gravel road which exits Hwy 6.

University Firepower: Located by the third section of Power Line. This trail has faced lots of seasonal closures in the past. There's a culvert crossing which will need work, and a hill climb that sees lots of erosion problems. It would be a big undertaking, and would require lots of manpower and commitment.

I voted for University FirePower. The extra time we save not driving all the way back to Saddle up could be used for the extra repairs. Also, being a more popular trail more people will see the Bling Tastic NAXJA sign :)

I voted Saddle Up. As I've said before, I want to see what kind of numbers we have committed. I don't want us to adopt a trail that we don't have enough people to handle.

whats the most difficult of the 3?

I voted saddle up. looks like it would be a good simple start, and looks like it has potential to add some extra difficulty down the road to that steep flat section if the support is there.

on a side note: i see 7 votes so far and only 5 comments. If you voted please post up why you voted for what you did and so we know who is stepping up as well.

im going to vote i just want to know which had more difficulty. I should finally have it going by the end of the year so i want a nice trail to test her on

Mojo: I voted. Saddle up was my vote

Smitty: All 3 trails are Moderate. 31"s and open diffs can do all 3 trails without a problem.

yea but how about 38's and spooled F and R

Saddle up it is... Just has a better name too

the only one of the three i realy can visualize is Bates Rd. (for good resion)
im in for Any of the trails listed, and will offer my helping hand whenever in the area.
My vote is kinda blind bassed on the above. but the genral consence is Sadle UP. count me in for some good ol Manwel Labor!

I voted Saddle Up. As I've said before, I want to see what kind of numbers we have committed. I don't want us to adopt a trail that we don't have enough people to handle.

I think we have grossly overestimated the man power it takes. We will end up with the usual suspects and it will be great.

I Spoke with Stephanie and got the low down for firing up a BBQ while the fire restrictions are in place. We could have a lil event when we move forward and officially adopt one. A Trail MaintainAQ

Last edited:
I think we have grossly overestimated the man power it takes. We will end up with the usual suspects and it will be great.

I Spoke with Stephanie and got the low down for firing up a BBQ while the fire restrictions are in place. We could have a lil event when we move forward and officially adopt one. A Trail MaintainAQ
amen to that..:woohoo:

You may be right, but I'd rather have a large number show up for a trail clean up than only a couple show up with an overwhelming amount of work to do. If we start small we can add to our plate as needed, rather than back out of a commitment due to lack of available support. If Saddle Up turns out to be nothing more than picking up trash on our way through, we can always add another trail later.

I voted Bates because I like it. And its easily accesible. I've "retired" from wheeling my Jeep until I get some work done on it and there would be less temptation for me getting to it because I wouldn't be passing a bunch of other trails to access it :)

Looks like Saddle Up it is!

If you guys feel we have enough support for this (I do), I'll get an email out to ODF. Keep your calendars open for some weekends in October. We'll probably need to meet with ODF at TSF to discuss the trail soon.

Looks like Saddle Up it is!

If you guys feel we have enough support for this (I do), I'll get an email out to ODF. Keep your calendars open for some weekends in October. We'll probably need to meet with ODF at TSF to discuss the trail soon.
2a5mr9.jpg

Back