• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How about a wierd motor swap??

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
I have been doing a little research, but I can honestly say I suck at the internet. I found a few good pieces of info, but you all might know better.

Is there a toyota or lexus 4cyl that will bolt up to the AW4?? I know even the Jeep 4cyl needs an adapter plate. Supras, old models, had a 6cyl that will bolt up but I am trying to figure out if its possible without adapter plates and what not.

Any takers?:sure:

I'm 90% sure that most of Toyota's rwd 4cyl motors will bolt up to the same trans as the Supra inline 6. Years ago a buddy of mine swapped in Supra motor to his 22RE powered Toyota truck and he didn't need any adapter or modification to bolt to the trans. So the 22R, 22RE and 22RET would all be a "no adapter" bolt up. I'm pretty sure the 4cyl diesels used the same pattern as well.

AJsArmor said:
I'm 90% sure that most of Toyota's rwd 4cyl motors will bolt up to the same trans as the Supra inline 6. Years ago a buddy of mine swapped in Supra motor to his 22RE powered Toyota truck and he didn't need any adapter or modification to bolt to the trans. So the 22R, 22RE and 22RET would all be a "no adapter" bolt up. I'm pretty sure the 4cyl diesels used the same pattern as well.

Interesting. More to research.

Back