• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pump ?

tsrice

NAXJA Forum User
90 renix will idle but stalls out when you give it gas. I got a fuel pressure tester from autozone put it on the fuel rail and it reads 14 to 16. when you shut the engine off it loses all pressure right away.also I took the vacuum off the pressure regulator and it stalls out. should i replace the pump and/or pressure regulator? thanks for your help!

Should read 30 w/vacuum to the regulator and 39 w/o vacuum to the regulator.

Check/change your fuel filter BEFORE buying a new pump.

If the filter is new, or after changing it, the pressure does not read correct, then check the fuel line between the top of the pump and the mounting flange--they degrade and you can loose pressure and volume there.

same issue my 87 is having. mine doesn't quite idle though, i can feather the peddle and get it up to about 1500-2000, any more throttle it stalls and any less it stumbles. let off the clutch at all when it is revved and it stalls right out. will run on carb cleaner though.

I changed the fuel filter today and it still is having the same problem. lines look ok, no leaks. i can hear the fuel pump fire up when i turn the key. My next step is to buy a pressure gauge, but that may not be until tomorrow.

mine was fine while wheeling, then i shut it off and it was game over.

Last edited:
same issue my 87 is having. mine doesn't quite idle though, i can feather the peddle and get it up to about 1500-2000, any more throttle it stalls and any less it stumbles. let off the clutch at all when it is revved and it stalls right out. will run on carb cleaner though.

I changed the fuel filter today and it still is having the same problem. lines look ok, no leaks. i can hear the fuel pump fire up when i turn the key. My next step is to buy a pressure gauge, but that may not be until tomorrow.

mine was fine while wheeling, then i shut it off and it was game over.

Let us know what pressure you are getting.

Back