• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad leak after flexplate replacement

Jeep914x4

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my jeep back a few days ago from getting the Flexplate replaced. I drove it today on the freeway and when I stopped I could smell burning oil real bad. When I looked underneath I saw that there was a BUNCH of burnt oil on the exhaust where it crosses near the oil pan. I was just wondering if this is because of the work that was just done to my jeep or is it a coincidence that it started leaking so much after I got it worked on.

Thanks,
Mike M., New Mexico

Look for where it may have come from..... there is a possibility that they spilled some oil if they replaced oil for you.....

Kejtar

Replacing the flex plate does not require dropping the oil pan, but it does require sliding the transamission back away from the engine and the process can bend up the transmission dipstick tube. Try to determine if the leak is engine oil or auto transmission fluid. That information may help you find the source.

Back