• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a reamer...

DirtyMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need a tapered reamer to ream out my pitman arm to accept a chevy 1/2 ton TRE.

Anybody know what sort of reamer I need to get? Like, taper angle and size?

$79 for a tool you will never use again...

i took mine to the local 4x shop and he reamed kuckles and pitman arm for $20 a hole. total $60 and it was done right

-Tim

And for an additional $19 investment you too could have reamed about 100 more holes with that same reamer and collected lots of favors or cash.
I bought one when I did my Bronco to Chevy TRE conversion, form Goodson. To date I have reamed at least 200 knuckles and pitman arms, been sharpened once. If you aint afraid to work it is a money maker

Actually you can buy one off the Snap-On truck too for about $49, it is not quite the quality that Goodson sells but if you only use it twice you've saved money.

Last edited:
Oizarod115 said:
$79 for a tool you will never use again...

i took mine to the local 4x shop and he reamed kuckles and pitman arm for $20 a hole. total $60 and it was done right

-Tim

wow...you saved $19, and if you ever have to ream another hole, it's gonna cost you more than buying the reamer would have.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good choice for you, but some of us are in this hobby for the long haul, and may have a use for the reamer down the road again.....not to mention wanting to have a stocked shop/garage.

I bought mine from a racing shop in Richmond. My thought was to at least have another tool in the garage. Well after doing the pitman arm for one ton TRE's, I've used the reamer on several other projects as well. It's great for sizing any hole, and faster than changing bits on the drill press. A good investment in my book.

Well, you guys answered my question. I need a reamer that tapers 1.5"/foot. Now, I'll see if I can pick one up locally for a reasonable price, seeing as how I live in the boonies.

Back