• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If remove AC and Move Alternator to Ac's spot what belt number do i need?

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95xj 4.0 and plan on putting alternator wher AC compressor is and using old ac bracket and alt bracket to do this.

what belt is used any ideas, i;ve seen many do this mod but not sure what belt they use.

please do a small write up or post pics when you get this finished. The last 2 times I've went wheeling my alternator quit charging on me, both times I've had to take it off and give it a bath in Electrical Parts Cleaner but I'd like to relocate it up to the top so no mud or water can get in it again

on my renix, i use a 770k6, on a friends H.O., he also uses the 770k6... coincidence, or master planning? =)
the good news is, the 770k6 is off the shelf, and HALF the price of a regular 4.0 belt.

i have part numbers for the belt, and oil filter written on the inside of the hood. (stuff ive changed, that could stump a mechanic, or make me track down an internet connection)

theres writeups out there, the renix is easier, but the H.O. can be easily upgraded to high amp oem alternator.
this is the one i fallowed for my renix... http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=944818&highlight=alternator&page=2
after that, i winged the H.O. one, it wasnt difficult, just required more of a fabricated bracket.

also, ive mashed the SHIT outta mud/water crossings, and have been completely unable to get my high mount alt even slightly wet....
one of my favorite mods, to say the least.

Back