• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another vibes question

whatevah

It's Yellah!
yeah I searched, but couldn't find anything good...

stock 2001 XJ (a bit of sag in the leafs), but I've got vibes above 60mph or so... they're really noticable once I hit 65 or 66mph. I can feet it in the floor, gas pedal, steering wheel, etc. once I get above 80, the rear view mirror is visibly shaking and starts to rattle. it still drives straight, no feedback via the steering wheel, just bad vibrations.

where should I be looking at? I guess the various bushings, but what else?

Tire balance...driveshaft (front and rear) u-joints...torque converter bolts loose?

i have the same prob. changed tires ,rims ,trac bar, front and rear brakes, drag link and rear d shaft still have the vib. im going to do axle ujoints next.

if anyone else has an opion it would be great.

stock 89 4.0 4x4 153000

oh, yeah... I "fixed" the problem. removed the front driveshaft, and it's smooth as silk, now! a bad case of the angry sparrows convinced me to pull it. after I removed it, and was twisting the shaft by hand, the cv joint was still loud enough to be heard.

after I figure out which ujoints the shaft needs, I'll get somebody to teach me the proper way to remove/install them, and then start on the cv joint. hopefully before the snow falls.

Back