• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y-Link Opinions and Questions

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What do you guys like and dislike about particular y-link kits on the market? If there was anything you could change, what would it be? What did you like about them (if you liked them please say what kit it is)?

Would anybody like to post some measurements of their y-links? Preferably the length of the lower arm, upper arm, and how far back the upper arm mounts on the lower arm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I just cant afford fishing out the dough for a $800 kit... So I will be making my own.

sorry but this is one of those topics that has been covered quite a lot on here.
your going to be asked to search for this info, even something simple like looking at the bottom left of this page in the "similar threads" will give you some help.

seriously, if you search this topic you will have enough reading for the next few days.

to get you started, I love my TNT/Treks Y-Link

I built a set 8yrs ago and another set a couple yrs later.There wasnt really anything out on the markey then.But I used RE uppers and my lowers are adj(but set at 33").They are mounted inboard and up,basically what TNT ended doing!

Go with BDS true 4-link
http://www.bds-suspension.com/Images/Kits/jk_478H.jpg

But if you must go with a Y-link........I would go with TNT (Which I have, Great design work, ground clearance is TO good, PITA to work on Trans) or Clayton (PURE BEEF, Easy to work on Trans, SLIGHTLY less ground clearance)

And yes TNTs ground clearence is TOO GOOD, I have actually poped off the slip yoke cap in my front drive shaft on a perfectly even man made ledge.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info 85. But as stated in the original post, I am building my own, not buying. Ill definitely take a look at those 2 cross-members and designs when I build mine.

And yes, I do know how to search people. And yes I have.

Thank you for the info 85. But as stated in the original post, I am building my own, not buying. Ill definitely take a look at those 2 cross-members and designs when I build mine.

And yes, I do know how to search people. And yes I have.

Sorry I didn't see the last part of your first post, and plus I really wanted to try out the search link.:doh:

Sorry I didn't see the last part of your first post, and plus I really wanted to try out the search link.:doh:

haha gotta love lmgtfy.

Im worried about the arms hitting the unibody on compression. Would this be an issue? I plan on building a new crossmember, and mounting the lower links from it.

Does anybody have any pictures of their y-links flexing? ( I will search for this too)

Im worried about the arms hitting the unibody on compression. Would this be an issue? I plan on building a new crossmember, and mounting the lower links from it.
What are the stats on your rig?Thats one of the reasons for mounting inboard and up!

What are the stats on your rig?Thats one of the reasons for mounting inboard and up!

RC 4.5" kit. Full leafs. 31's, 3.25 backspacing. Lemme know if you need more info.

And what do you mean by inboard and up?

The control arm mounting points are inside the framerail and above the crossmember.

Would they still mount to the crossmember?

Also what should I use for the rod ends? Should I use rubber bushings on the frame or axle side of the LCA? What should I use for the upper link?

Also, I read of people getting rid of their passenger side upper link/arm. How would this affect on and offroad characteristics (rig is daily driven)?

Looks like ill be using rubber bushings on the axle side.

Can anybody answer any of my other questions?

Back