• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump bracket interchange?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the power steering pump bracket from a 89 will fit on a 98?

TIA

Root Moose said:
Anyone know if the power steering pump bracket from a 89 will fit on a 98?

TIA
No, not even close. Completely different belt setup, etc.
Here's the 4.0 interchange...
1987-1990
1991-1995
1996-2001
Hope it helps man.
-Collin

Crap!

Thanks anyway. :)

Root Moose said:
Crap!

Thanks anyway. :)
Are you still trying to dig one up? I saw your post in the wanted about a week ago. If you still can't find one I can get you one at the junkyard next week sometime.

Still trying, just haven't been able to find the time to go scrounge at the junk yard myself.

I've got a old 89 parts XJ out behind the barn. Thought I might try that but thankfully you've saved me some time screwing around.

Had a line on 99 intake with pump and bracket but someone local to the vendor in Montreal snapped it up.

I'll get there. :)

Root Moose said:
Still trying, just haven't been able to find the time to go scrounge at the junk yard myself.

I've got a old 89 parts XJ out behind the barn. Thought I might try that but thankfully you've saved me some time screwing around.

Had a line on 99 intake with pump and bracket but someone local to the vendor in Montreal snapped it up.

I'll get there. :)
Fair enough, I just figured if you didn't have any 96+ around there I could get ya one.

Back