• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar for 2" (future higher)

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
I realize it may not be entirely necessary to replace the track bar with a 2" lift, but i do plan on another inch or two in the future.

So i'm looking at adjustable trackbars. It seems everyone loves the iron rock bar, but that may be a bit overkill for a DD.

I was going to go with an RE trackbar, but it doesn't seem they make an adjustable one for such a little lift...can anyone give a suggestion?

I have a similar setup and future plans. I found that, while it's not the most flex-friendly option, the Teraflex adjustable track bar suited my situation well, and can usually be found cheap. You can buy a replacement bushing from Quadratec, and potentially a new TRE too.

You could also do the track-bar relocation, there is a write up on here.

This is the one I will be ordering soon. Its available in 1-5" and one for taller than that for 189.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-STBCK

edit: oh I see you already found it. FWIW Mine is my DD. Overkill is good sometimes! :D
Thank you for linking that - I'm getting some pretty serious popping from what I'm almost 100% certain is my track bar (as it happens any time there is a load shift from left to right, namely when turning, and pops only once per shift), and am currently sitting at 1" and eventually moving up to 3.5". It looks perfect!

I would keep the stocker for the 2" lift and save up for the RE HD unit when you finally go bigger.

Try looking at BDS, yeah they are a little pricely but good stuff.

I'm running one on xj with 3.5 lift. But the website states that it can be used from stock to 5 inches of lift.

Best thing is that is uses the factory trackbar braket so there are no angle differences, so the trackbar and draglink are still perfect.

....I'd stay away from Rocky Road....worse than Rusty's from what I've read....

Back