• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Laptop Mount

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Y'All,

Anyone find a good, solid laptop mount for the XJ? I want to use my ASUS 1000HE Netbook with a DeLorme LT-40 GPS, but there isn't a good place to set it and it becomes a real hazard off the pavement.

Brian

I actually picked up a small display while I was in China and plan to put the laptop under the back seat. I run a thumb ball instead of a mouse. I set up a popup mousable keyboard for input.

I actually picked up a small display while I was in China and plan to put the laptop under the back seat. I run a thumb ball instead of a mouse. I set up a popup mousable keyboard for input.

Do you have a picture of your input device?

Your solution makes me wonder about just putting a touch screen up front and putting a small laptop with a SSD under the back seat. Then no worries about bouncing around and no peripheral to keep track of. I can get the screen & touch parts on the Bay of E.

Still need to figure out how to mount the screen, but it wouldn't weigh anything, so it might open up some more possibilities.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i made my own. there's a bracket inside the console that runs from the cup holders all teh way to the back to spread out the load:

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

Nice! Is that a cutting board? Dual purpose tools rule!

lol yup. i mocked everything up with a piece of plywood. once i was happy with the setup, i found a pair of cutting boards at wal-mart for like $5. the cutting board is light but very rigid. :)

the hoops are $0.99 cabinet door handles from lowes. the rest is just some scrap metal i had laying around. i probably have < $15 in the entire setup.

Back