• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I feel like someone should have bought me dinner first

nwo98xj

NAXJA Forum User
some of you may recall my trouble with my ECTED a few weeks back and after hounding auburn the finaly have decided that i beat there unit to death in a few hundrad miles................thats right my stock 4.0 stock axles and 4.88 gears on 36 inch radials killed an ected in a few hundrad miles and in less that a year and they will not go good on the warranty ....just thought i would warn you all if you are going to autuly use your locker and want it to hold up don't get an ected....auggggg

Hey, I red the nice chart they have posted and you violated the max size. So what did you read that said they would warranty it?

...,and 4.88 gears on 36 inch radials,...
Not exactly stock,...

Will the allow you to exchange it using their dif. exchange program? You could then sell the replacement to somebody with smaller tires/etc. and recoup some of the loss, as opposed to just chucking it,...

:dunno:

ill never buy or run a ected, know to many peaple who have issues with theres

Team Willys in the SE chapter had terriable issues with the same locker IIRC. Word is they are redesighning it.

I've heard lots of issues with the ECTED in person and online. Definitely going with an Elocker in the D30.

Isn't the Auburn just clutches in there? I wouldn't really expect that to hold up to such huge tires. It's just friction that is giving you a 'locked' feeling. Too much stress from huge tires and there goes your friction material. It's like trying to do burnouts all the time with a honda motor and 26" slicks.

hmmm around here i am the little guy but as far as the tires being to big of course no one told me this when i bought it and i told them my set up, hell they sold me the set up so i feel just a bit violated.....yes they did off the replacement at 260 but like i said i am the little guy around here and don't have a huge market to sell to, well no more wheelin till next spring no matter what i go with ....whats an elocker worth

Not exactly stock,...

Will the allow you to exchange it using their dif. exchange program? You could then sell the replacement to somebody with smaller tires/etc. and recoup some of the loss, as opposed to just chucking it,...

:dunno:

My buddy had the same problem with his ARB the warranty is void on tires over 31 inches! I'll take an aussie that way if you break it and they won't cover it you don't have to sell one of your children to get another one.

Back