• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the padding on the back of the door panel??

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
This stuff, is it synthetic composite?? it's not jute is it??

showpic.php

i wanna get some more of it to see how well it blocks sound.......i guess i'm asking how cheap it is and where can i get some of it??

Try dynomat. or one of there competitors. Its heavy. but. makes everything quiet.... or i should say makes it so you cant hear it as well. they have a bunch of difernet kits and sizes for different areas that you want to do. try some price matching with 3rd parties that carry them you should be able to find a good deal. Most places that carry car audio carry dynomat or something close to it. if i wanted to block sound.. thats probly the route i would take. i dont really have much faith in that oem sound proofing. if you have anyproblems finding a site that carrys it if you decide to go with it pm me i think i still have some saved somewhere from when i did my car.

the jeep is already dynamatted, or i should say secondskin'd

mat deadeners don't do the same thing that foams and woven cloth does for sound reduction.......they quiet different frequencies of airborne sound in automotive applications

when i did my car i lost a heck of alot of engine noise and road noise. just my experience.

It's needled felt, probably a mix of natural and synthetic fibers (i.e. various cloth scraps of whatever were in the garbage bin and some wool to keep it all together). While this isn't jute, jute can be made into a similar felt product. I don't know that you will find any retailers of similar material, though you might do best looking at flooring underlays. Otherwise, if you've got several hours to kill, you might hit up thomasnet and start looking for nonwoven, felt, and shoddy materials.

I picked up a roll of this stuff for under the hood, and it has a similar (but thinner) construction, though it's covered with foil on both sides: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TRU-BLIP12406&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Last edited:
Back