• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one running RE 3.5" and Bilstein 5150?

MadPikAvenger

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and searched and haven't really come up with much and don't want to make a mistake buying shocks. The bilstein 5150's come slightly longer or slightly shorter than the RE mono-tubes that came with my kit and I was just wondering which would be a better way to go. So if anyone is running the bilsteins on a 3.5" RE kit what size did you go with?

Thanks

im not running the re3.5 kit, but im running re3.5 coils and rusty's 3" leafs. i went with 8" 5150s all around, the front downtravel can leave a bit to be desired if youre crawling all the time but theres no way 10s would fit in there. i feel the setup works really well and keeps the ass end moving with the shortish shocks up front. heres a pic of the max downtravel..

101_2036.jpg

im not running the re3.5 kit, but im running re3.5 coils and rusty's 3" leafs. i went with 8" 5150s all around, the front downtravel can leave a bit to be desired if youre crawling all the time but theres no way 10s would fit in there. i feel the setup works really well and keeps the ass end moving with the shortish shocks up front. heres a pic of the max downtravel..

I'm assuming you used bar pin eliminators for the bottom up front and the top out back. Did you use the stem adapter for the shock up front or something like the JKS shock conversion up front?

i run 10 inch 5150's with RE 3.5 springs and 31's you will need some bumpstopping and trimming ( i have neither at the moment) but its totally do able. I have about 5 inches of shock shaft showing at ride height. In the back i run 9 inch travel 5125's.

Mike

to be honest its been a while since i did this lift combination, but i think i went with the 5125's out back for space reasons. And up front my goal was to have about equal compression and extension travel, so thats why i went with those. I just went out and measured and i have about 4 7/8ths of shock shaft showing. If you do this setup though you will need longer bumpstops to pretect the shock. Knock on wood i have not bottom out the shock yet. This has upped my motivation level for some extended bump stops.

Mike

i forgot but my setup is stock bar pins on the bottom and the bilstein stem conversion things for the front, the eyes on 5150's screw off and you can screw the adapters on.

Mike

Back