• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those with full spools

lectrode

NAXJA Forum User
Can you & do you still air down while on the trails?
I have a D44 rear spooled and did not know if it
would be a good idea to air down like I did before
I spooled it. Any advice would be helpful.

airing down is one of the best ways to add traction, and it's free.

yes

Yes,I'm sure it's paranoia.It is the first
time I have ever been locked,ever.

On a good note tho,took it out for the first
time locked and what a dramatic difference
it made.WOW! Idled up the stuff I could always make
with a little effort,and climbed up stuff I never
made it up before.

lectrode,
I don't think i've aired up since 2004 and i've been locked since 1996. I have a full spool in my rear dana 44 and a lock right in front 44 and love them!! YES, They handle different(sp) on the road and the trail. BTW- my rig isn't street legal anymore but that's another topic.
By airing down you already know you increase your footprint(treadprint) which adds traction. It also saves your tires by wrapping around things like pointy rocks or small tree stumps that might otherwise puncture a tire with more air in it.
Everyone will offer there perfect air pressure mine is around 6-7lbs. I also run 36x12.50s.
Just remember to air back up before hitting the road!!!!
I wouldn't worry about airing down.
Good Luck,
Stukboy

wear my tires much faster, dumb thing scrubs all over the place. I'm still on the fence about mine, like the rock traction at times other times the pushing is annoying in the snow and street.

Always air down though.

Back