• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PUAM trip

RockinRedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I would share some pictures from a recent trail clean up. Only went for one day, but here are some pictures.

Toyota that made it up the crack
toyotaatfunnyrocks.jpg

A wrangler attempting the crack
wrangleroncrack.jpg

A samurai on the funny rocks
sammitryingtoroll.jpg

CJ on the moon rocks
cjatmoonrocks.jpg

Another CJ
DJonrocks.jpg

A couple of me on the moon rocks
meontherocks3.jpg

meontherocks.jpg

meontherocks7.jpg

Samurai on the funny rocks. He did not make this, but made it up the crack

A 1-ton monster on the crack

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to gather some people to make another trip there before the snow comes:cheers:

Alittle foggy on top but not a bad other wise,picked up a lot of trash off the 5 trails we ran and a little off the road side and camp sites.
It was worth the trip to help out

Yup, it was most definitely a fun trip. Was really good to see you and chew the fat Howard!!! My son-in-law Jerry and I headed up from the Tri-Cities. Stayed at the Jim Sprick Campground. Fee was ten bucks a night for the tow rig, wheelers weren't charged. Even had hot water and soap in the can to wash your hands with, along with lots of paper towels!!! Couldn't ask for much more than that. All of us don't have a rolling castle on wheels with shower, crapper, king size bed, TV, VCR, and on and on. Couldn't believe that Howard didn't bring his Castle up! LOL But it was a real good event. Pam and a bunch of the other Shindig wheelers put out a ton of effort to make sure that things went well. Tons of food at the pot luck Saturday night. The raffle drawing went on for an hour around a HUGE bonfire Saturday evening. Lots of really good looking rigs. Was worth the trip just to look at other wheeler's rigs. I'll be back again next year. Was fun and a lot of folks got a lot of trails and FS roads picked up. Lots of garbage brought back to camp Saturday afternoon.

PNW4WDA Region 4 -
Pick Up A Mountain
September 19th, 2009

September 18th through the 20th of 2009, Region 4 of the PNW4WDA held an event called "Pick Up A Mountain" in the Nile area west of Naches in Jim Sprick Park.

Members of the All Wheelers Off Road Club meet up at 8 AM Saturday September 19th, 2009. Some members camped and others drove up for the day. Here is "Pick Up A Mountain" from our day at the event.

We aired down and headed up FS1701. Our first stop was at the SF1701/FS530 Camp to pick up trash. We ran into some people that were camp there which already did a good job picking up. They thought this was a great thing the wheelers were doing. We took some of the bigger pieces of trash that they had no room to haul off.
03.jpg

Up at the top of FS1701 we turned onto 4W694 at the trail head near Barber Springs Road.
04.jpg

05.jpg

On up the trail we stopped at a camp where last year we hauled off a lot of stuff. Again we found a lot to haul off that was left here over the year.
06.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

Moving on up the trail.

Here are some of the rigs of the day.
16.jpg

At 4W670 we had some people pick up trash down to FS1701 and then back up.
18.jpg

We stopped at the Manastash Vista to pick up trash. It was raining pretty good.
19.jpg

The rain slowed down to a mist and the sun started coming out.
22.jpg

We picked up Funny Rocks as we went through. "Phantom 309" was climbing the rocks when we got there.
27.jpg

We moved onto trail 4W695 and past through Moon Rocks picking up trash.

Dropping down to FS1701 we found a lot of trash.
43.jpg

We regrouped at FS1701. As we pulled to the side of the road, Doug Conner and Earl Nettnin came by in a FS Pickup loaded with all kinds of stuff they picked up.

Once we were regrouped we headed on down FS1701 and then up FS530.

We turned down 4W675. We found a lot of stuff in this area.
46.jpg

We filled up most of the rigs where we couldn't fit much more. We headed on down the 4W675 to FS1702 and then back to Jim Sprick Park.

My XJ's cargo area was close to full. Any more bags would have fell on the kids in the back seat.

Unloading the rigs
54.jpg

This was a great time thanks to all that came. It was great getting to meet some wheelers I had never met before.
A special thank you goes out to everyone that worked to make the event happen.

Back