• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cutting fenders question

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
I already searched... nothing gave me an answer..

Im planning on cutting my fenders on my '95 4door

just the front..

But my question is, can i cut even with the light bezel? or do i have to cut about a half inch lower due to the doubled layer sheet metal behind it?

ill post a picture in a little bit.

If cutting through the doubled up metal doesnt matter, then im thinking about cutting along the yellow line and folding it back on the black dashed line. So i dont get any rust issues.

S4024567.jpg

yea... i made my bumper... and as you can see there is a fair gap between it and my fender.

so it would look better if its just a gap between my tire and bumper.

cutting will result in rust, cutting and folding will result in the exact same rust, just slightly hidden.

that being said, folding would make it better, but you may run into problems folding sheetmetal where there isnt a crease... the rear's fold easy cause its pre-bent, you just bend it more. up front there is no crease, and you'll probably crack the paint (ok, MOST LIKELY crack the paint).

maybe try heating up the paint w/ a heat gun?

Cutting won't cause rust. Not painting the cut edges or fixing any chipped paint will cause rust.
I just cut mine straight below the light the other week. When I did it I removed the screw from the doubled up area and just drilled a new hole about 1/2" above my cut line and reinstalled the screw. Then I just painted her up.

oh so... just cut it straight at the light "line".. mask up a pencil thin area right above where you cut it, sand rough edges, and paint?

and if needed, reinstall that scew?

just did it... looks good... now i just need to drill through my fenders and fender flares and mound the bottom of the flare... im quite ready to tear my flares off...

also, i put a 33X11 BFG A/T on today... found out that it wound clear to well when turning.

(note: 3" lift)

just did it... looks good... now i just need to drill through my fenders and fender flares and mound the bottom of the flare... im quite ready to tear my flares off...

also, i put a 33X11 BFG A/T on today... found out that it wound clear to well when turning.

(note: 3" lift)

post up a pic or two of your rig

k... ill try and get the camera out tomorrow and take some pictures... mind you that i have stock sized tires, im pretty much preparing to mount straight 33's on 15x10 soft 8's

so im looking into some fender flares produced by "jdougn" and adding 2 more inches in lift using spacers and shackles.

S4024586.jpg

S4024587.jpg

Back