• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-Installing front sway bar

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I was installing some much need sway bar (poly, correct size) bushings and go to bolt it back in place and for the life of me I can't get it to line up. The brackets that go to the unibody just won't line up for me at all. If I get one side bolted = up then the other side is crooked and I can only get 1 bolt in that side.

If I bolt the end links up on both sides first then go to bolt the unibody brackets I get the same thing.

The brackets line up just fine without the sway bar. I'm at a lose with this and I know it's something simple I'm just missing...

you warped the frame or you warped the swaybar. If you wheel the rig hard, or were in the habit of wheeling with the swaybar on previously in the rigs life, either is possible

Thanks for the quick reply, I got it sorted out though.

I decided to try threading the bolts in with just the brackets and see how things lined up. Turned out the bolt I thought was binding because it wasn't lined up had some messed up threads. Cleaned the threads up and things went together no problem. I still had to muscle the sway bar in place a little bit but I'm hoping that's just the new poly bushings being stiff.

I don't wheel hard so I can only hope nothing is bent. At least it's all bolted down and torqued to spec now.

Back