• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone wanna help me out tomorrow??

Dozer11B

NAXJA Forum User
I got wheels, tires, and a bit of rub. Nothing a little fender trimming and a 2 inch budget boost can't fix.........

This will be the first lift (even if it is just a budget boost) I have ever installed, so any old hands would be appreciated. Anyone else is welcome as well.

Just trying to get ready for LBL next weekend, then Fishing in Oct, then the Flog in Nov........ Life is good.

I'll be tinkering around on some other stuff tonight if anyone local wants to stop by........

id be there, but one of the guys got bit by a spider at work and his leg is swollen, now hes on quarters, so i have to cover down on his shift this weekend,

on the other hand, i still have monday and tuesday off, im thinking of doing the engine swap then, but i might be around if you still need a hand

Ah it's no sweat man. I heard the spiders were bad here. I go to the field from mon to fri, so I should get bitten somewhere in that time frame, huh?.......

I wish I could help you with the swap. I'd like to see what all goes on for that.

I should be able to get the lift on tomorrow and into sunday (barring any major issues) so I'll be set for LBL next weekend.

But then again, nothing is ever easy huh?? I was pulling my idle control sensor to clean it and I had to pull the full rail to get to it. Lost a damned injector bushing on SOME-EFFING-WHERE in the engine bay...........:flamemad:

I know I waaaaayyyyy late, but did you get the lift on?

Yeah BigA, I pulled the IACV housing to clean it up as well, and I coldn't get to the bottom two torx bolts with the fuel rail in the way.

I got the front spacers in after trying to figure out how to use an INTERNAL (first time I ever used one so I didn't know the diff) coil compressor I rented from O-Reilly's. Spent about an hour feeling like a cavemman beating a big stick on the ground trying to figure it out.

The guys at T.O.R.S. offered to show me how to use one (after I swallowed some pride of course), and surprise surprise, they had an external one they let me borrow.

Got the spacers in and complete at about 9pm last night. I fought the weather, shitty tools, lack of knowledge, and two decent sized spiders that tried to find refuge in my garage from the rain. I walked away battered soaking wet, dirty and tired, but I didn't get beat!

The front looked good and cleared the tires for mall crawling, and that was it, so I cut the fenders at the top line of the old OEM flares (just cut where my paint was faded for a guide), and I beat my inner pinch seam flat this morning.

After running a bit more PB blaster on the bolts to the leaf springs, they still weren't budging and I didn't feel like fighting the rest of the day, just to have a bolt break, and not be able to get to work tomorrow.

I think I will buy replacement hardware and do the rear shackles at a place with air tools. Or maybe I'll get my own compressor and tools........

The front looked good, but needed a bit more clearance, so I cut the fenders at the top line of the oem fender flares, and beat my inner pinch seam in this morning.

Like I said, I wanna do the rear with a little more safety net under me.

You can check progress pics on my build thread here:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1006575&highlight=novice+build

Yeah it's black right? Well the silver housing it goes into and bolts to is what I pulled as well. I took the IACV out of the housing, and then undid the housing from the throttlebody. Unless we have diff OE. 12 and 6 for two torx bolts for the IACV itself, then four tamper-proof torx heads for the silver housing. I think the housing was dirtier than the actual IACV itself.

Back