• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reversing Anti-Lambo Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine had Anti-Lambo doors on his XJ, instead of the doors going up when you opened them they would fall away and down from the rig. It got so bad that the only way he could close the door was from the out side, then climb in from the other side or climb in through the window like the Dukes of Hazzard. Because he did not want to put a big 01 on his doors he asked me to fix his Anti-Lambo doors.

IMGP6782.jpg

IMGP6783.jpg

IMGP6784.jpg

I was going to just burn it on as is because it is not my rig, but because he was standing next to me I thought I better prep the area for the fix.

IMGP6785.jpg

To save an extra 3 minutes I left the fender still on the rig, we came up with this sick mod to keep the fender out of the way when taking off the paint:
IMGP6811.jpg

Busted out one of my old throw away flapper disks and started to pull off the paint and some of the old welds:
IMGP6788.jpg

I was going to just stop here and burn it on, it's not my rig, but he would keep walking over and looking at what I was doing to his junk. He was asking why I was taking paint off the door and rear view mirror:
IMGP6790.jpg

I had to keep telling him over and over that I had some paint that was almost the same color and no one would notice it.

About this time I realized I took off too much, but it was not my rig so I thought what the hell and continued grinding:
IMGP6791.jpg

IMGP6792.jpg

At this point I was thinking no one could fill the holes I put into the side of his rig, but knowing it was not mine I did not care at all:
IMGP6796.jpg

At this point he got a hold of my camera, said something about taking a few shots “for legal reasons” and took a few photos of me making a mess of his junk:
IMGP6797.jpg

I know what you are thinking and I agree with you I do look hot in welding sleeves, I would totally tap that too!! After blowing a few holes the size of a dime I got some ugly welds down, thought that will at least get him up the street before the doors fall off, and once he is not on my street it is not my problem:
IMGP6798.jpg

Where is this thread going? I feel like it's working towards a big inside joke.

But he had to walk over again and look at it, then he would tell me “That will never hold!” and “Have you every welded before” or “What the hell is wrong with you!”
IMGP6799.jpg

I keeped reminding myself it's not my rig, but he asked me to fix it, so back to welding:
IMGP6800.jpg

I know . . . Dead sexy right?

About this time the body filler caught on fire, so I had to stop and light up a cigarette to cover the smoke now coming out from his body. I had welded the door hinge to the body then I welded the body to the other part of the body, thinking that would get him to leave so I could drink more beers:
IMGP6801.jpg

IMGP6802.jpg

IMGP6803.jpg

Once he got a good look at this he was really upset, he picked up a tire iron and chased me around the jeep yelling words that would just get filtered out on this board. I was yelling back “Calm down it’s not my rig!!!” and this did not seem to help his mood at all.

Last edited:
So then I thought I would just start to lie to him, telling him stories that I had done this 20 times before and that I did all the work on Jes's rig and that I was almost finished. He stopped and once we convinced my neighbors not to call the police I went back to welding:
IMGP6804.jpg

Now I don't know if it was because he was behind me with a tire iron or the thought he might never leave I just welded more and more:
IMGP6805.jpg

Last edited:
So then I thought I would just start to lie to him, telling him stories that I had done this 20 times before and that I did all the work on Jes's rig and that I was almost finished.

Come finnish my four link... oh, and you have a nice ass. :thumbup:

I know now that’s a work of art:
IMGP6806.jpg

He even said “Oh so you first welded the hinge to the body, then the body to the body, the you welded the weld to the weld.” I said "Ummmmm . . . Yeah . . . uhhh . . . sure, yeah thats what I did, triple layer stitch fish welded it together.”
IMGP6807.jpg

IMGP6809.jpg

Last edited:
It was right about then that I noticed a fat crack just above where I had been working, thinking fast I told him to run to the store and get a few more 40’s so I could finish with out him looking at it:
IMGP6813.jpg

Before the weld could cool I hit it with some red paint, this was almost the same color red as other red paints, but not all that close to the red on this XJ:
IMGP6814.jpg

I know mad photo skills as I was painting:
IMGP6815.jpg

The sounds it was making and the bubble’in it was doing with the cold paint and the hot weld was cool, also the contact high I got from the fumes of the over heated paint and body filler still smoking was wicked sick!

Last edited:
I thought I would be extra nice and touch up where I had hit his rear view mirror by accident with the flapper wheel, but he seemed to get a little mad at this one. I told him it coved up where I had taken out a big chunk of the mirror and now no one would even notice it was hit with a grinder.
IMGP6818.jpg

He got mad so I had to explain to him again “Look it’s not my rig” but that again seemed to get him even more upset with me.

Feel free to ask any questions and if you need help on your rig send me a PM and maybe we can work something out at the URF Racing satalight location shop.

Your's truly
David Letterman

You are a frightening man... I have never laughed this hard at a NAXJA post. I will call you next time I am doing anything that does not involve welding.

That rig is a POS.

This is where it belongs...
XJinaFordA.jpg

I don't know why you have to be so full of hate, can't you see I did the best I could without caring for what I was doing at all?

I think you should take a big step back and try to feel all the love in the universe!

You are a frightening man... I have never laughed this hard at a NAXJA post. I will call you next time I am doing anything that does not involve welding.

I don't think it is very nice to laugh at Bryans rig, I know most people do it, but they try to hide it, or at least most do not post about laughing at his Jeep! Your posting might get reported, and thats all I am say'in about that!

Also Moderators could you please move this thread, I seem to have posted this in the "Modified Tech Discussion" area and as anyone can clearly see this is a "Advanced Fabrication and Engineering" post. Thank you in advance.

Where is this thread going? I feel like it's working towards a big inside joke.

I don't think it is very nice to call my work a joke! I know it might seem like I don't care at all about what I did to his jeep. Please take a moment and think about how your words have hurt me deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back