• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions on New tires

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on getting a set of 31X10.50 15s for my XJ and I'm looking for suggestions. I do a lot of driving on both hard and soft sand while fishing as well as a lot of high speed highway driving. I also plan on doing some light to moderate wheeling. I am primarily looking for a tire that preforms well on the highway as well as sand, snow, and rain. So far I'm leaning towards the Bridgestone Dueler Revos.
Thanks

BFG AT KO

Great tire on the road, and not too aggressive so it won't dig you in to sand like a "MT" would.

I'm not sure why people buy those Dueler Revos, because the BFG AT is as quiet as a road tire on the highway... at least as far as I can tell.

I would also look at the bighorns. I've been very happy with the way they handle on/off road and they clean out very well.

Bighorns here as well. Got them used at about 75% put around 15k miles, mostly street/highway, and they have about 30% left. Thats to the wear bar not the bottom of the tread. Not much sand experience but they are great in snow.

I hate BFG ATs. Dick Cepek FCIIs, work better, last longer.

a comparable tire to the Bighorn is the Federal couragia M/T.. its new to the market. but i have 20k on mine and they are still 60%, they are on a dodge durango, I use mine in the sand alot. absolutly 100% better then the BFG's, clear out alot better then Bighorns aswell.

Onlinetires.com $106.69/ea
http://www.onlinetires.com/products...1%2F10.50-15+federal+couragia+mt+n%2Fa+c.html
l_couragia%20mt.jpg

Bighorns are not good tires for what you said above. I love mine, but I think they're going to be too aggressive for your intended purposes. Now, if you'd like to mabye move up to more of a mud tire, check them out for sure!

That being said, you can't go wrong with BFG AT KO, they're simply amazing tires for what they're intended. I can see they're tread pattern doing really well in the sand.

Also, like someone mentioned above, you might want to check out the Goodyear Dura Tec's they look nice as well.

x2 BFG AT's. Very quite on highway, wear extremely well (when rotated properly) and are a solid performing offroad tire as well

So far I'm leaning towards the Bridgestone Dueler Revos.
Thanks

Good choice. Great in dry pavement, rain, and snow. Good for moderate off roading and sand. Given your needs I think you will like them. I'm on the second set on both the ZJ and XJ. I just replaced the first set of Revos on the ZJ and they lasted 50,000 miles. Still had some usable tread on them too.

Back