• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Shift after 4.5" lift

liljoe71

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a set of RE 4.5" coils in and some lower adjustable control arms (set to 16.25" eye to eye). The problem I am having is that the axle has shifted on me about 1.5" to the left or drivers side. My question is has this happened to anyone here and if so how to fix it or correct it? A bit of notes on what I have;

94 XJ, 2 door, 2wd, original track bar, rear 1.5" bomerang shackles, dakota bastard pack.

Lil Joe

Last edited:
As you do stuff to your XJ, just make sure you search and read about it beforehand. Keeps you from mistakes (as often) and helps to make sure you do it right the first time.

http://www.rukindustries.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_75_211&products_id=257

What do you guys think of this until I get some funds for an ad adj. trackbar. I would rather pay for a good used one instead though!

Lil Joe

From what i understand about that bracket is that the come loose all the time, and they seem to be better than drilling an additional hole to move the trackbar over. I agree with darky, do research, and make a good choice, even if you have to wait for a bit to get the coin together for the right stuff, it is cheaper than buying twice. I persoanlly would invest in the adjustable track bar, not super expensive, and totally tunable even if you decide to go a lil higher on lift in the future.

Back