• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Diff Ring

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of getting this for my rear end.

http://troutindustries.easycgi.com/TIndustries/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17&idcategory=4

then thinking of putting a wide band from the top to the bottom and welding it to this ring guard. do you think this is a good way to go or should i save my pennies and get a ruff stuff cover or something similar? im on a budget so its tuff to shell out a ton of money at once.

any other suggestions to do with it?

Get a RuffStuff cover. I bashed both my front and rear covers pretty hard this past weekend on big rocks and they have nothing but rockdust on them. It's natural to think you won't really need a strong diff cover in the rear when you are moving forward, but I was dragging my diff across rocks all weekend, plus sometimes when backing up, I had some pretty solid hits right on the cover. Worth every penny to protect those expensive gears and locker.

X2 on the ruff stuff. You need something that protects the cover too. Ruff stuffs are the best bang for the buck IMO. Some people say they dont look good but I dont need stuf o look good when I put a hole in my cover and ruin my gear/locker.

x3 on the ruff stuff covers, just ordered a pair last night. Dan is great to deal with and all his stuff is excellent! From what I understand they are virtually bomb proof!

Back