• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

caliper clips

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
I have just redone all the brakes on the wifes ZJ (93, 4.0, AW4, 231). I started this process because there was a annoying squeal. I started by replacing the calipers and pads. Then on the back I replaced everything except the wheel cylinders. I applied anti-seize to the front and the squeal quit for about 30 miles. The calipers came with clips which I have never seen or used on any other D30, but I think they might help with the noise, since I can't get rid of it any other way.

How do these clips install? Each caliper came with 2 so I assume they go on the top and bottom of the pads, but can't figure out how. Any explaination or even pics would be great.

Thanks,
Joe

they will cut back on rattle noise... they mount with the little middle piece facing up, to where it takes some effort to get the pads in, and they kinda hold the pads in place. you get cheap pads? rotors? is the dust cover rubbing the rotor?

yeah those clips are designed to stop noise if they're what I'm thinking of.

you got off lucky without having to change out the rear slave cylinders!

How do these clips install? Each caliper came with 2 so I assume they go on the top and bottom of the pads, but can't figure out how. Any explaination or even pics would be great.

Pics would be great! I just swapped on two reman calipers....one came with clips...the other did not. I've got an occassional noise from the drivers side...seems worse with turning...sounds like it might be the dust cover. So, where do these clips go? and can I use one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side? do two go on each side??

I'm out...I've got some pretty good grooves....:rattle:

I don't think jb will hold up. I just filled mine in with a little weld, ground them smooth and called it good. Just be careful how muh heat you use, that knuckle is a cast part.

I don't think jb will hold up. I just filled mine in with a little weld, ground them smooth and called it good. Just be careful how muh heat you use, that knuckle is a cast part.

got no access to welder...:tear:

Back