• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question regarding Drop brackets and Control arm lengths

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
I am curious to know if when you run drop brackets does the need for adjustable Control arms ( upper and lower ) come into play? If so what lengths are recommended for say a 4.5-5.5" lift? If not needed can i fabricate some UCA's to the exact same lenght of the stock ones? I ask because i want to keep the stock axle angle/geometry as close to stock as possible.

Gracias

im running the re drop brackets and re fixed arms with the deaver 5.5 coils geometry feels good i need new steering so i have yet to toss it on an alignment machine at work to check caster and what not.

I am curious to know if when you run drop brackets does the need for adjustable Control arms ( upper and lower ) come into play? If so what lengths are recommended for say a 4.5-5.5" lift? If not needed can i fabricate some UCA's to the exact same lenght of the stock ones? I ask because i want to keep the stock axle angle/geometry as close to stock as possible.
Gracias

This should give you most of the information you need.
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html
It's good to preserve the stock geometry as much as possible. The Factory spent a lot of money on determining the right numbers.

Stock lenght should fine up to about 5 .5", with DBs, but you might want the extra strength of tube arms.
Another possibility is to use WJ LCAs. They are stronger and are bent to provide tire clearance.
See Go Jeep's site for more info on this.

Last edited:
I asked this very question just a few days ago. Lot of replies, you may want to give it a look.

im running the re drop brackets and re fixed arms with the deaver 5.5 coils geometry feels good i need new steering so i have yet to toss it on an alignment machine at work to check caster and what not.

do you know the length of the arm eye to eye?

Back