• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

luckiest yet

WE b GPN

NAXJA Forum User
Get this. TWICE count it TWO times I have changed my rear shocks and havent broken a bolt!!! I dont think i'll push my luck anymore I'll use anti-seize on them when they go back in! lucky me! ohh yeah its an old 86. 20 years old!! hahaha

I just went to tighten one down tonight on my 96 because the shock was clunking every time I went over a bump. it turned about half a turn and then *snap*, there it went, piece of crap....now I have to drill it out....

xjtrailrider said:
I changed the rears on my 90' a month ago, original shocks, no bolt breakage. I honestly couldn't beleive it.

WE b GPN said:
Get this. TWICE count it TWO times I have changed my rear shocks and havent broken a bolt!!! I dont think i'll push my luck anymore I'll use anti-seize on them when they go back in! lucky me! ohh yeah its an old 86. 20 years old!! hahaha

and you both live on the east coast with us rust beltians? You guys suck. Lucky...

Actually I had no problem with my fiance's 96's shocks , just my 99.

Back