• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Eastern SE Chapter Flog

Are you interested in a Flog somewhere other than Windrock?

• Definitely interested if at Gulches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WTF

NAXJA Forum User
**MOD Note** This post/idea has been cleared through the SEC BOD, so don't be afraid to put in your feedback and vote!

Last year we did a Fall Flog at Uwharrie Nat'l forest for those of us that Windrock is a little bit too far to drive for the weekend.

I'm putting out a feeler for those who are interested in something a little closer to us in the Eastern/ coastal areas of the SEC.

I considered put this event either the weekend before (11/6-8) or after (11/20-21) the Windrock Flog in case someone cared to attend both. Does anyone think this matters/ would anyone consider attending both???

I'm thinking of Uwharrie, Gulches, SC or Crozet, VA as possible venues.

If you answer 'definitely interested' or 'maybe interested' post up your location preference and how far you would consider reasonable to drive and what dates work best. (Feel free to throw out a venue I may have missed that is convenient in the east.)

For example my response would be:

"Definitely interested- at any of the location. I think ~4.5 hrs is the maximum drive I would consider for a weekend wheeling event. The weekend of Nov 6-8 is better for me but I could do either."

If there's enough interest I'll try to put something together

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will help me I will help you get it together. But I don't think I can do Crozet at this time. URE or Gulches is doable!

I'm definitely interested in any venue, but more so Crozet and Gulches than URE. I can go to URE almost anytime, so one of the other two would be alot of fun. The date doesn't matter.

Crozet is close by for me, about an hour and a half of easy driving. That place is a playground.

I've never been to URE but it looks like I could get there in less than 4 hours since its kinda on the way to Myrtle Beach.

You didn't list Mtn City but its less than 3 hours away, I missed the chance to go there 2 weeks ago when some locals went for the weekend. They had a blast.

You didn't list Mtn City but its less than 3 hours away, I missed the chance to go there 2 weeks ago when some locals went for the weekend. They had a blast.

Mtn City is a great place for wheeling. Fantastic trails, the only issue is decent lodging isn't very close to the park.

I see lots of views but not many poll responses. What am I missing here?

Just to clarify, I cleared this with Ed (our chapter Prez) before posting up, so i'm not completely 'shooting from the hip'.

The venue selection decides which rig to bring, and each needs some attention before putting it on the trail, so give me some feedback and let's select a venue!

I, for one, am itching to go ride some rocks! :firedevil

Back