• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

those running bilstein 5150's

I think M.O.R.E., JKS and ProComp also make the upper shock mount conversion you are talking about.

97babyXJ said:
other than rustys upper front shock mounts, who else sells upper front shock mount relocaters for use with bilsteins shocks?? thanx
T&Js makes a high bucker set, they are pretty stout, much much stronger than a standard bpe.
DSCN0976.jpg

a couple more:
DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

Last edited:
Skullvarian said:
T&Js makes a high bucker set, they are pretty stout, much much stronger than a standard bpe.
DSCN0976.jpg

a couple more:
DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

This is the best one. It mounts with two bolts an has a large surface area to disperse the stress.

Jeepsterboy101 said:
You can also get the stud mount from Bilstein. Thats what I did....

Ditto. Seems fine after 10 plus JV runs including the 60 plus MPH jaunts accross the desert to and from the trails. I got an inch of travel back after ditching the upper conversion.

--ron

I like t&j's. It looks to spread th load out more and could be welded in as well fo extra insurance.This was my plan with these Bilsteins. What are the part #'s for those shocks, by the way, so I don't have to look them up when I get them? Oh yeah what amount of lift are you running?

wacho4 said:
I like t&j's. It looks to spread th load out more and could be welded in as well fo extra insurance.This was my plan with these Bilsteins. What are the part #'s for those shocks, by the way, so I don't have to look them up when I get them? Oh yeah what amount of lift are you running?
I have around 8", a little too tall but ok for now. the shocks I am running are the 12" travel 7100s in a short body up front, valving is 275/78. ext length/collapsed length: 28.06/16.03. I am thinking of coilovers up front which is why they aren't welded, they may be up for sale soon:) Although they do weld in quite nicely:
DSCN1057.jpg

Last edited:
Skullvarian said:
I have around 8", a little too tall but ok for now. the shocks I am running are the 12" travel 7100s in a short body up front, valving is 275/78. ext length/collapsed length: 28.06/16.03. I am thinking of coilovers up front which is why they aren't welded, they may be up for sale soon:)
Thanks, How does that valving feel to you? I know everybody has thier own opinion, but would you like it softer(or harder) or does it seem pretty close to just right? I've been trying to get everyone's opinion on this before I replace my (temporary) cheap ass ones.

Last edited:
wacho4 said:
Thanks, How does that valving feel to you? I know everybody has thier own opinion, but would you like it softer(or harder) or does it seem pretty close to just right?
a little light on the rebound but close enough, seems like a good combo with the skyjacker springs, still working on the rears so I havn't figured out a good valving for that yet, maybe one step lower would be a good start. I will let you know when/if I get to that stage.

Skullvarian said:
a little light on the rebound but close enough, seems like a good combo with the skyjacker springs, still working on the rears so I havn't figured out a good valving for that yet, maybe one step lower would be a good start. I will let you know when/if I get to that stage.

i run the same in the rear and it feels great with soft springs.

THose mounts are the ticket, but i'd like to not have to install the 90* on the hose. Also, my prop valve is right where that bolt comes through the side of the pocket... would have to do some bending.

jjvande said:
i run the same in the rear and it feels great with soft springs.

THose mounts are the ticket, but i'd like to not have to install the 90* on the hose. Also, my prop valve is right where that bolt comes through the side of the pocket... would have to do some bending.
If I had the time I would have had Bilstein make the upper mount so it is rotated 90*, the 90* in the resi line was the only simple solution at the time as I did not foresee(sp?) that problem until it was taken apart. I don't have much weight in the rear yet so that was why I was thinking one step lower.

For an low buck upper mount for the front useing 5150's, do what I did. GO to your local hardware store or fastner place, hell even mcmaster carr, actually I have a few left if you want some........anyways. Get your hands on some 12mm x 1mm nuts, 1.5" long 3/8" bolts and weld the two together. go to the local speed shop and pick up some new stud bushings and da-da....upper stud mount for 5150's........and a whole lot cheaper than the ones from bilstein at $20 a side. If you want a set of 12MM x 1MM nuts I have a few extra pairs, just PM and I'll throw them in an envolpe for you.

Back