• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

South Georgia and J'ville FL.!

flynn78us

NAXJA Forum User
I need help, of the fabrication nature. What would it take to make a front 8.8? I have seen people turn 14BFF into front axles so why not right someone must have had this thought other then me right. So chime in and tell me what you think.:soapbox:

I would stay away from the full custom stuff. No body will ever have anything to fix your junk but you.

It all sounds cool but it's expensive.

Yeah thats what I am thinking. I want a stronger front axle but which ones are even close to the factory width on these? Am I going to have to narrow an axle to keep the width right? And then arent I going to have to order custom shafts?

I need help, of the fabrication nature. What would it take to make a front 8.8? I have seen people turn 14BFF into front axles so why not right someone must have had this thought other then me right. So chime in and tell me what you think.:soapbox:

Why? What is your end goal?

Yeah thats what I am thinking. I want a stronger front axle but which ones are even close to the factory width on these? Am I going to have to narrow an axle to keep the width right? And then arent I going to have to order custom shafts?

Waggy axle is close but LP, EB axle is close but is LP. IMHO The waggy is the best bet.

EB? I want to run my 36's and not have to worry.
Well with a D44 its hit or miss with 36's. I broke my Ford D44 twice b4 going to d60's. EB = Early Bronco.

Well Mr. Ghost, why don't you learn me why is LP(low pinion) bad? I have read the D44 sticky but I like learning via chat and it gets my post up. How much work is it putting a D60 on these bad boys up front? Is it like putting a 14BFF in a Blazer where you have to get adapter style u-joints and weld all your coil buckets and so fourth?

low pinion front ends are weaker than hp because when goign forward a lp front is running on the coast side of the gear set (weaker) where as a hp front runs on the drive side of the gears. plus you get more clearance under the pinion with hp. with chromo shafts you shouldn't have too much to worry about with a waggy 44 and 36s. as ghost noted stock ford 44 shafts suck and can easily be broken with 36s

Back