• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New brakes/ceramic pads

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just postin this for those that are searching. I did allot of searching, and did what everyone recommended (ceramic pads and new cheap rotors).

I have a 97 4dr xj, 3.5 lift, 32x15 GY MTRs, D30, C8.25. Both back cylinders were leaking, causeing almost no rear brakes.

Put on new rotors, Ceramic napa pads ($95 ceramic pads). New drums, and new rear cylinders. Bedded the brakes properly, and now this thing feels like a sports car... for real.

I can make the tires howl with pain WITH OUT locking them up and with very litte effort.... just short of lock up and almost doing a front wheel stand.

or I can INSTANTLY lock em up with a little extra push.

It just feels great to get back some stopping power, wanted to pass the word on I believe in Ceramic pads!

Can't wait to stop tomorrow,
Jason

Im running the same pads on my 01, no dust, verry little noise work great. I did'nt replace my rotors,just turned them.

Back