• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my brakes jsut refuse to work properly.

hidesintrees

NAXJA Forum User
heres the lowdown. 90 cherokee stock booster, 1 1/8" MC (ford e250), no leaks at the brake-line fittings. ford 1/2 ton disc brakes front and rear 1/2 ton disc conversion. brakes have been bleed there is good stream when i crack the bleeder valve, do it till there's no air and then one more time.

the issue is that is just doesn't stop quickly, like its dangerously slow to stop the thing. it probably weighs about 4200 lbs at this point and is rolling on bead-locked 36" iroks. i cant for the life of me get the either end to lock up, its even hard to do in gravel.

what are some things to suspect here i know other people with the same set up and heavier tires and they can lock up all for on pavement with safe quick braking.
thanks for any help

Is the pedal hard? Any pulsation? Glazed over pads/shoes or rotors/drums can make it difficult to stop, like needing both feet and using the wheel for leverage.

the pedal was hard before i swapped to discs in the rear, now the pedal feels pretty normal but the rear brakes are brand new everything. the fronts could indeed use a filing perhaps, a few have said my MC may need a rebuild to. ive atleast got somewhere to start thanks for the tip

Back