• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Roof Rack Sizing

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking of ordering the top hat rack from olympic but I can't find anywhere the internal dimensions. I have to transport a ladder daily and I would like it to fit inside the basket. It is 68 inches tall.

So if anyone runs this rack could they help a brother out with some measurements.

Thank yall

this would be nice to know.... i've been thinking of getting the same rack.

Hello,

I have the rack you are looking at, the inside of the basket is about 66". However with a few bits of extra tubing you could get the extra few inchs (using the holes on the outside rather then the holes on inside of the fornt and rear cross bars) you are looking for.
If you go with this rack be ready to spend a day putting it on. I had to rework all six clamps and the driver side rear cross bar. Do not look to customer serivce for help, after sending stacks of pictures and a crazy amount of emails I am still waiting.
I have had my rack a year now and is working well for my use, maybe they have gotten the bugs worked out, not holding my breath.

If you go with this rack be ready to spend a day putting it on. I had to rework all six clamps and the driver side rear cross bar. Do not look to customer serivce for help, after sending stacks of pictures and a crazy amount of emails I am still waiting.
I have had my rack a year now and is working well for my use, maybe they have gotten the bugs worked out, not holding my breath.

Recently had a customer order one and it was crooked as all hell. "Tech support" consisted of being given a phone number to a former employee who was familiar with the product. I had to call another company and talk to that former employee, emailing him pictures so he could confirm it was indeed a POS. From that point, it took several weeks of promises to put it next to another they had in stock, etc., before my customer finally got frustrated enough to accept the refund I offered. The rack went back and it was the last time I will deal with those people. Totally unimpressed (and that was the first experience in a few years...giving them the benefit of the doubt after the last bad time).

Conclusion was that my customer was better off finding a local fabricator to make a tube bar setup to his specs...and get some other cargo rack to bolt to it. Sure would have been done faster and cost about the same.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Thanks a ton cabxj. you have confirmed my suspicions in that it is a large rack but not large enough. Looks like its time to do some fabbing.

Good day gentleman.

Back