• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do you get your tools?

kingmeirl

NAXJA Forum User
Northern Tool looks tempting outside of craigslist, I was just wondering if there was a better/cheaper place to get tools. Home depot seems to have crap, but they are convienent.

I've bought stuff in the Stanley name from Wal-Mart and it's done very well so far. I typically use Craftsman.

mix bag of what ever i have but mostly snap on.

I'm liking the Harbor Freight but only on certain items. They're a cheap store, both in price and quality, but they work well.

Other than that, Craftsman because of their guarantee.

i like my kobalt stuff, but i have a little bit of everything, depending on what was close when i needed a tool ASAP. i do like harbor freight, but their products are a get-whatcha-pay-for situation.

I go around and pick up tools left on the trail or have bounced out of rigs......much to my surprise I even found a 12 ton press once. ;) JK!

Surplus, used, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Craftsman.....take my buddies.....gifts......I like tools! :cheers:

Craftsman. Cannot afford snap on or those other fancy tools that are no better imho.

Craftsman, although I have bought some Kobalt because it's been easier to run to Lowes some days.

Craftsman. Cannot afford snap on or those other fancy tools that are no better imho.

i scored an account with the snap on guy who comes by my unit. if i break em, i turn em in and replace em.

and sadly i get NO discount, other than the easy replacement deal

I try to buy a few good ones(craftsman is in my price range) every now and then, but usually Harbor Freight gets me by. I have had greeat luck with pry bars, torque wrenches, pliers, etc..

FYI my brother use to work at National tool and die company in Stow Ohio which makes Matco tools. Interesting enough he said they also do Craftsmen and the only difference was one was stamped name badgeing where the other is etched.

craftsman and the local tool man!

FYI my brother use to work at National tool and die company in Stow Ohio which makes Matco tools. Interesting enough he said they also do Craftsmen and the only difference was one was stamped name badgeing where the other is etched.

Danaher Corporation (sp) has been making Craftsman tools for the last 5-6 years, but before that Sears would buy from numerous manufacturers and provide them with their specs and casts.

If you want "Craftsman quality" for a little less, look at Advance-- the Gearwrench brand is the same Danaher Corp. tool with a polished finish.

I used to use Craftsman but I couldn't find a box that would keep everything where it is supposed to be....and their customer service is horrible.
I now use Husky tools. They are owned by Home Depot, but I have gotten both my sets off ebay. They come in a slim hard case that keeps everything secure on the trails and when I open the box what I need is right where it is supposed to be. I can't take credit for finding them because both Matt (rredalty) and Doug (shortdoug) were using them before I got my first set.

Here is a link to a set like mine:
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I used to use Craftsman but I couldn't find a box that would keep everything where it is supposed to be....and their customer service is horrible.
I now use Husky tools. They are owned by Home Depot, but I have gotten both my sets off ebay. They come in a slim hard case that keeps everything secure on the trails and when I open the box what I need is right where it is supposed to be. I can't take credit for finding them because both Matt (rredalty) and Doug (shortdoug) were using them before I got my first set.

Here is a link to a set like mine:
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

See, the problem you have is, you need a bigger tool box. I carry everything in the garage with me on the trail.:D

24.jpg

Back