• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help on names of worn out parts

eyebeatbadgers

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought this rig, it had some major death wobble, sitting stock. I quickly figured out that the anti-sway bar being broken in half was the major culprit. There is still a bit of death wobble on hard bumps over 65 mph.

So I started yanking on stuff, and also found the drag link (I think?) wobbly.

I have taken a video of the part of my steering that I have this sneaking suspicion shouldn't be moving the way it does. I need to know what parts need replacing, and also if this is a job a guy without a press can do.

Thanks in advance.
(Don't mind the odd two seconds at the end of the clip :D ...)

Last edited:
First the swaybar doesnt have anything to do with DW.Second that movement is normal even for brand new equipment.You should be looking for sideways movement!

Have you had an alignment done? An alignment is a big contributor to DW, as is the trackbar.

Thank you for the insight, I had no idea!

The swaybar may not be the cause of the DW, but certainly accentuated the side to side mayhem. Once I fixed it, the DW went from tooth breaking shaking to barely making my palms sweaty.

I've not had an alignment, that's next on the list, after I find some new tires.

I'll take a look at the track bar bushings too, as these seem to be the culprit most often.

Back