• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Brow Lite Bar

Shock357

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got one? Thoughts on it? Looking to add some lights to the front of my XJ without breaking the bank (or without sleeping on the couch for a week)

I was wanting to mount some hella 500, and from hat I've read the housing is too deep to just bolt onto the bumper without making "tabs". Wich imo look like crap. Money isn't a big issue, but I'm sure if I dropped 300+ on a new bumper the misses would have something to say about it

I ran a pair of rectangular Autozone lights on my bumper fine. They had plenty of room. Didn't try the 500's, mostly because I didn't have them til after the new bumper.

I have my 500s just drilled in and they aren't too deep. Been like this for 5 years now
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTYuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTUuanBn.jpg

X2 Had them on my stock bumper before I got the new one It was a bit of a pain getting the nut on the one side but doable. It was much easier getting them off with the bumper off. Maybe some thing to think about:cheers:

You know, all of my problems started with this...I hated the headlights but no where on my 2001 could I fit decent lights....soooo, I bought a bumper, and then it started to look like a Jeep, so I bought some agressive tires, and I wanted a full size spare but it didn't fit so I bought the roof rack, then the rack and bumper looked dumb without a lift (also they were too heavy and the bumpstops were riding on eachother) so I got a 4.5" lift...if ur gonna lift it you might as well get a winch, so that caused me to buy the winch and a new bumper for it....

Be careful, you see how these things go? IMHO just buy the H4 conversion headlights, IPF bulbs and the wiring harness (which I had until it failed on me driving home from work in the pitch black backroads of PA, thankfully my headlight flasher, part of my emergency lighting package, prempted the harness and I was able to drive home with my wigwags on)

...anyway...my point was...the 500's didn't fit on my bumper either, but you can always pendant mount the rectangular ones under the bumper.

You know, all of my problems started with this...I hated the headlights but no where on my 2001 could I fit decent lights....soooo, I bought a bumper, and then it started to look like a Jeep, so I bought some agressive tires, and I wanted a full size spare but it didn't fit so I bought the roof rack, then the rack and bumper looked dumb without a lift (also they were too heavy and the bumpstops were riding on eachother) so I got a 4.5" lift...if ur gonna lift it you might as well get a winch, so that caused me to buy the winch and a new bumper for it....

Be careful, you see how these things go? IMHO just buy the H4 conversion headlights, IPF bulbs and the wiring harness (which I had until it failed on me driving home from work in the pitch black backroads of PA, thankfully my headlight flasher, part of my emergency lighting package, prempted the harness and I was able to drive home with my wigwags on)

...anyway...my point was...the 500's didn't fit on my bumper either, but you can always pendant mount the rectangular ones under the bumper.

x2 :laugh::cry::twak::rtm::doh::helpme:............:smoker:

Cutting rectangular holes in the bumper and mounting the rectangle lights inside of the bumper is really neat, I saw it done once before. I also saw it done with 5 round lights in the front bumper using a hole saw. Although they eventually all got broken somehow, that rig was used in the rocks and nothing will survive that, even the ultra super strength of the stock bumpers!

How about something like this? If you're interested, post up or pm me and I'll find out where Derrick got it.

3264656487_30ccd44dbb_b.jpg

I have hella 500s as well on m,y stock bumper. All you need to do is pull the bumper off, measure where you want them and make sure there centered. That use a drill press and drill the holes. THe 500s are flat enough that they hardly stick out on a stock bumper.

Hey, that looks almost exactly like what I got! similar price too. You buy em off some guy on ebay? Mine are already rusting a bit, and the "130 watt" bulbs turned out to be 55 watt bulbs with 130 stamped on them instead, as Sylvania 100W bulbs are way brighter... or they're putting out mostly heat. Still, don't consider it a ripoff because I couldn't afford good lights at the time and by the time they actually rust to pieces completely, I'll have enough money to get some KCs or Hellas. I think I used a similar mounting method as well.

To the OP - you could fab something like this (or have it fabbed) for fairly decent prices. I got my dinky little welder (Lincoln Electric Handy MIG, does up to 1/8" plate or so) for $300 shipped, add a little stock in and you break even after one more project since the bar you were looking at costs $300...

Also, seconding EMSJEEP's findings - I had to replace my rear springs, and I figured why not go for a 2" boost at the same time for an extra $25 (OME 2" HD vs OME HD), then of course I had to do the front because it presently looks stupid... half my OBA setup is in the mail and the other half is on my Jeep, and I can feel more parts acquisitions coming already, I keep looking at the NAC classifieds to see if anyone is dumping a set of 31"s. Be careful or you're gonna have to worry about more than sleeping on the couch!

That looks exactly like what I'm looking for. If that's not the lite brow then please let me know what it is

That one was made by a company that is no longer in business.

www.detoursusa.com has the bumper brow. The Hella 500s will fit just fine on the front bumper or any other slimline light. I would used the bumper brow for some 55w driving/fog lights and a set of 100w off road lights.

I made one myself out of some old pool fence. took about 30 min to cut and weld up. I put 4 tabs on mine. I just got a JCR bumper so my light bar is just sitting on the shop floor now. Interested in it? Its just like the one tbburg has on the front of his Comanche just made from square tube.

PB010149.jpg

thats my detours one--^
the company zoneworx used to make it (had their bar on my 2001), but as of about a year ago im pretty sure they went under. id just save the money and buy something else now that i think about it. youre gonna have to drill the bumper anyway, lightbar or not. but the detours product does tie in very nicely and cleanly

unless detours changed this, you still get to choose where you drill into the tab for the location of the lights on the bar

Back