• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumpstop alternatives?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am running a full width HP D44 with wristed radius arms on the front at about 6" of lift and 12" travel shocks. I am doing new shocks and mounts and want to make sure and protect my investment by doing bumpstops.

On my old rig, I did the hockey pucks in the springs trick. The coil buckets on this have a couple of bolt heads sticking up and I would need to carve up the first puck a bunch. Even with a couple of pucks it isn't enough.

Daystar makes a replacement extended bump stop for the front of the later model (small diameter) bumpstops, but I can't find anything on the older (large diameter) bumpstops.

Does any body have any experience in using the large dog toy thing in the springs. I think they are called Kong chew toys. Does it bounce around and make noise. Does it hold up? Here in Colorado it gets pretty cold.

I am going to slice the existing metal for the bumpstop, bend it and reweld to get the bumpstops to be somewhat centered in the springs. Does anyone have any cool solutions to front bumpstops?

Heck, for that price I will go buy a gallon of urethane and cast my own and have enough to make a few to sell to cover my expenses.

Back