• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hippo Liner

Mike Axle

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used Hippo liner? I would like to know if it was worth it. How did it stand up? Did it fade or chip? I would like to paint the out side of my XJ with it.

do a search for UPOL company Raptorliner, DIY liner which is a 2 part commercial grade and also is avail in a tint it any color you want system, barely costs more than Herc etc and is so much better....

no
dontcare
i dont know
i dont know
cool.

^--thats very helpful :twak:

for liners it basically comes down to how much you want to spend, how well you prep, and how many coats you are willing to do. ive heard hippo is cheap and easy to do yourself and is smoother than the 'more durable' ones like herc and line-x. people i know who have used line-x or herc have usually only had to do one coat while thinner ones like hippo have done well with multiple coats, but has flaked and chipped after a few months with lesser coats

^--thats very helpful

Lol I get trolled every once and a while when I leave my account up.

Never used Hippo liner, but I try to generally stay away from things that are moisture cure. I prefer Raptor Liner. 2 part epoxy, very strong, and even comes as a complete kit.

Upol FTW, seen it in person and looks very nice. I have the roof of my jeep Herculined b/c it was bubbling and rusting and its terrible, sucks in the moisture and does nothing for rust prevention.

I did the Raptor Liner 2.5 months ago, sprayed really nice/easy at 40 psi. The prep took 5X the spray time but in the end it was worth it, I think anyway. Tell me what you think?

bedliner2.jpg

It sorayed really nice and creeped up under the doors well. This is only one coat.

bedliner3.jpg

Up next, in the spring, bumpers and maybe the roof. Oh yea did both sides w/1/4 the supplied material.

Looks good! Glad to see someone else jumped on the UPOL bandwagon

Oh i forgot to metion I got the U-Pol kit which consisted of:

• 4 bottles of material (enough for 115 sqft)
  • 1 can of 2nd part, of the system (enough for the above)
  • and a spray gun
  • It was $115 to my door from TPtools.com

Back