• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled jeep starts but wont drive....

GreenbeltXJ

ACTUAL WHEELER
i rolled my jeep last week at the bottom of my driveway, it was upside down all night then first thing in the morning i got it on its wheels, i pulled it half way up the driveway to a flat spot and let it sit. today i went to start it and drive it up to the house, it started fine the blue smoke didnt last too long, when i put it in gear i it didnt lerch forward like usual and then when i went to drive it didnt move. it revs like its in nuetural. when its in park i can shift straight to 4L. the trans seems like its going into gear. i was going about 25mph when i rolled and when it settled upside down the motor wasnt running. i'm pretty sure it didnt leak and trans fluid or even fluid out of the t-case. any idea's? is the tranny or t-case blown? thanks in advance for any help or info.

Maybe the torque converter doesn't have enough fluid in it to engage properly? I know next to nothing about transmissions but that's my guess.

Back