• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled the jeep, starts but wont drive...

GreenbeltXJ

ACTUAL WHEELER
i rolled my jeep last week at the bottom of my driveway, it was upside down all night then first thing in the morning i got it on its wheels, i pulled it half way up the driveway to a flat spot and let it sit. today i went to start it and drive it up to the house, it started fine the blue smoke didnt last too long, when i put it in gear i it didnt lerch forward like usual and then when i went to drive it didnt move. it revs like its in nuetural. when its in park i can shift straight to 4L. the trans seems like its going into gear. i was going about 25mph when i rolled and when it settled upside down the motor wasnt running. i'm pretty sure it didnt leak and trans fluid or even fluid out of the t-case. any idea's? is the tranny or t-case blown? thanks in advance for any help or info.

cody

but wouldnt it still grind when shifting into 4L while in park?

Linkage fall off during roll? check your fluids... Torque converter might take some time to refill

all the linkages are hooked up and working, its been on its wheels for a week. does the motor have to be running to fill the tourque converter?

i still think is a little more severe than an empty torque converter and i dont see how it would be empty, but i will give it a shot. i did let it idle for about 10 mins though and saw no difference. so... how long should it idle?

Any other automotive forum, everyone would be asking "How the hell did you manage to roll your Jeep at the bottom of your driveway". Not NAXJA.

Was just thinking someone's gotta ask.

lol i know rite, i was thinking the same thing. i live on a couple acres and have some trails by the house. but i was actually coming home and not paying attention and missed the fork in the driveways, which is a drop off to the right. locked up the brakes came to a stop and the rig started rolling. it was a fun ride though, getting out of the seat belt upside down is a PITA though.

give it 20 min hell it's only burning gas. Could save you alot of hassle.

Any other automotive forum, everyone would be asking "How the hell did you manage to roll your Jeep at the bottom of your driveway". Not NAXJA.

lol :cheers:

got it to the house now, thanks. after i though about it it made sence. time for some sawzal blades and tube.

very true, i had to wait til the morning for my neighbors backhoe. it was on its lid for about 6 hours

some people have extraordinary talents in ordinary situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YheABFIae8M

So true..
I just do dumb things like this
mall.jpg

My back yard..I call it my mall:cheers:

Nice backyard/jeep/break-O

:D

Last edited:
Back